3. ieskaites 3. P.D.
PREPOSITIONSComplete these sentences with the appropriate prepositions
1. The immigrants disembarked (_____from_______) the steamship that had carried them (______across______) the ocean.
2. Like the thousands of other people milling (_____around_______) them, they are caught (______up______) (_____in_______) a mixture of hope and apprehension as they crowd (_____into_______) a vast waiting room.
3. They have come, seeking life (_____in_______) a new world; and now they are (______on______) American soil (_____for_______) the first time.
4. After hours of waiting, they are called (______to______) a desk.
5. All those who pass (_______throuhg_____) Ellis Island are would-be immigrants.
6. (______For______) many, passing (______through______) Ellis Island was not so much a matter of stepping (______into______) a new world, it was stepping (_____into_______) a new life, a new character.
7. The man who finally led his family (_____through_______) the door and (_____...