1. Match the underlined verb forms in the sentences (1-10) with the names of the tenses and verb forms (a-i). One tense is used in two sentences .
A Present Simple F Past Continuous
B Present continuous G Past Perfect
C Present Perfect H going to
D Present Perfect continuous I Will
E Past Simple
He’d finished by 7 p.m. G
Are you going to tell us ? H
I wasn’t laughing at you. F
He told us . E
Do you like this ? A
I ‘ve been doing it for ages . D
They won’ t come . I
It isn’ t raining . B
Did she help you ? E
We ‘ ve won ! C
2.Complete the sentences with the appropriate form of the verbs in brackets .
1. (Tony / phone ) Did Tony phone you yesterday ?
2. She ‘ very shy and (not like ) doesn’t like big parties .
3. The lecture ( start ) started by the time we arrived .
4 .( you / study ) Are you studying Chinese at college at the moment ?
5.I ( travel ) am going to travel round the world when I leave college .
6. I ( cycle ) cycled home when the accident happened .
7. I promise I...