1 Theoretical background
Nouns and their types
According to definition of noun by Merriam-Webster, noun is any member of a class of words that typically can be combined with determiners to serve as the subject of a verb, can be interpreted as singular or plural, can be replaced with a pronoun, and refer to an entity, quality, state, action, or concept.
In a general sense, a noun is a part of speech that answers the questions: Who is it?, What is it ? or What's its name?. Nouns are used to denote a:
• things: table, chair;
• living beings: cat, dog, man;
• destinations/places: London, Paris, square, field;
• materials: metal, wood;
• processes: scream, laugh;
• states: rest, sleep;
• abstract concepts: happiness, love;
• qualities: cowardice, courage.
In English, a noun is characterized by the presence of two categories:
• category of number, consisting of two numbers - singular and plural;
• the category of determinacy (certainty - uncertainty), expressed by articles in the pr...
NOTA BENE !!!!! Ļoti lūdzu jūs atbildes sūtīt “pa tiešo” no saviem e-pastiem, neizmantojot RTU e-studiju vidi! Neaizmirstiet norādīt fakultāti un programmu, kurā mācāties, un,