1 Theoretical background
Nouns and their types
According to definition of noun by Merriam-Webster, noun is any member of a class of words that typically can be combined with determiners to serve as the subject of a verb, can be interpreted as singular or plural, can be replaced with a pronoun, and refer to an entity, quality, state, action, or concept.
In a general sense, a noun is a part of speech that answers the questions: Who is it?, What is it ? or What's its name?. Nouns are used to denote a:
• things: table, chair;
• living beings: cat, dog, man;
• destinations/places: London, Paris, square, field;
• materials: metal, wood;
• processes: scream, laugh;
• states: rest, sleep;
• abstract concepts: happiness, love;
• qualities: cowardice, courage.
In English, a noun is characterized by the presence of two categories:
• category of number, consisting of two numbers - singular and plural;
• the category of determinacy (certainty - uncertainty), expressed by articles in the pr...
uzdevums (5 punkti) Ar apīti apvelc pareizās atbildes burtu! Kura atoma modelis attēlots zīmējumā? sēra b) oglekļa c) berelija d) hēlija Nosaki reakcijas veidu, kas